Barron McCann Ltd is an independent IT Service Provider offering a range of IT support services from help desk through to rapid response on-site repair and maintenance; our customers are some of the most prestigious names on the high street.
- Manage a team of field-based engineering resources and contractors, ensuring that targets for compliance, standards, customer satisfaction, productivity and cost controls are met
- Forecast workload/manpower requirements in line with requirements, planning daily engineer levels and ensuring sufficient manpower is available to meet the workload requirements
- Recruit, train, manage and develop a team of high performing engineers. Managing their welfare, motivation, development, support etc. Building a team culture, with shared vision and common objectives
- Using management information and day to day supervision identify ways of improving working practices/new methods through best practice to improve processes and compliance
- Complete monthly engineer reviews to highlight engineer KPI performance
- Identify engineer training requirement to ensure full utilisation
- Carry out Annual Appraisal and Performance Review
- Ensure engineer stock control by the way of stock audits to ensure high integrity of stock levels across all engineer’s vehicles
- Complete new engineer inductions to ensure that all core training has been delivered, policies and procedures are fully understood and support all new engineers through their probationary period
- Ensure that all engineers are completing necessary system tasks and duties necessary for the job role
- Proactively ensure that all shift Rota’s are implemented to ensure that any resource requirements are maintained to the required level
- Regular communication by the means of telephone calls, conference calls and team meetings to ensure that all updates are communicated efficiently
- Ensure that revisits are maintained to a low level, completing investigations into revisits and setting targets for engineers to improve
- Complete engineers return to work interviews to gain clarity into sickness issues to maintain low sickness and absence levels in accordance with the company sickness absence process
- Act as escalation to resolve aged calls to ensure a quick resolution
- Coaching and mentoring all engineers to improve technical skills
- Ensure engineers are suitably equipped, trained and follow correct H&S process
- Monitor performance of the KPI’s daily, driving performance improvements as appropriate
- Complete break/fix calls in such periods as peak to ensure high service level agreements are maintained
- Provide Technical Support to the team of engineers as appropriate, act as the key support mechanism to all engineers providing first line support
- Support senior management to implement new process and procedures
- An interactive and team driven approach
- An analytical and progressive approach to problem solving
- Commercially astute and cost aware
- Working closely with customers at all levels and meeting customer satisfaction
- Have a demonstrable ability to manage, motivate and develop a disparate, remote, engineering work force
- Excellent communication skills and good interpersonal skill with ability to communicate at all levels of the company both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a highly pressure environment dealing with customers with non-standard working hours
You should have a deep technical knowledge of the EPoS, IT Services and support industry and field replacement processes.
A proven track record of management experience.
A minimum of 2 years’ experience of managing a team of 10 or more.
You should be able to maintain and develop strong working relationships with engineer’s and senior management.
Liaise with the Planning Team to deliver efficient call scheduling.
Be resident within the area of the team being managed.
Occasional visits to Head Office to attend business meetings.
A full UK driving licence is essential.
Expect occasional overnight stays.
Based in the Watford, Reading, St Albans, Slough, High Wycombe, Chelmsford, Brentwood, Romford, Enfield, Edgeare, Harrow, Wembley or Dagenham area