Are you looking for the next challenge? Do you enjoy being busy, are organised and have a real attention to detail? Do you want to work somewhere where you can make a difference? Then maybe a role at Barron McCann is right for you.
Barron McCann Ltd is an independent IT Service Provider offering a range of IT support services from help desk through to rapid response on-site repair and maintenance; our customers are some of the most prestigious names on the high street in the UK and Europe.
Our planned expansion means we are creating new positions to complement our existing team within our Derby Head Office, making this an exciting time to join our business as we plan for growth over the next few years.
We are looking for an experience Buyer who will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating and procuring equipment and components, with a focus on total cost management and value delivery. Experience of working with manufacturers, wholesalers and distributors in the IT sector is critical to this role, along with a real drive and passion to deliver great customer service.
No two days will be the same, therefore a flexible and positive approach with a real ‘can do’ attitude is crucial to your success.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Own the relationship with all suppliers for your defined portfolio of categories
- Source parts and components as required to feed the internal Workshop demand
- Manage the product life cycle, including upgrades, end-of-life, and warranty support
- Support the demand planning function to optimise the stock portfolio across the business
- Work with the Workshop to identify and source parts and components to support hardware repairs
- Drive and deliver the cost price reduction and management programme within area of responsibility
- Lead the negotiation on price and contractual terms (payment days, rebates, etc.)
- Drive the continuous improvement programme across all suppliers within your defined category
- Create and propose innovative ways of sourcing at reduced cost or with increased value
- Define, measure and report on the performance criteria for all suppliers
- Source, validate and propose new/alternative suppliers to the business
- Own the on-boarding and termination processes for all approved supplier changes
- Manage the internal procurement tickets, ensuring timely updates and completion
- Support all sourcing requests from Sales Team to deliver new equipment for our Customers
- Create strong internal and external relationships with key stakeholders
Experience & Knowledge
- Proven experience in sourcing IT hardware, including parts and components is essential
- Proven experience in buying from manufacturers, distributors and wholesalers is essential
- Building business cases to support procurement and change recommendations
- Running tenders, delivering end-to-end value improvement
- Instigating and delivering internal cost reduction programmes
Required Skill Sets
- A positive, self-driven, hardworking and inquisitive mind-set
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills with high competency in Excel
- Excellent organisational skills – prioritisation, workload management
- Ability to process information with excellent attention to detail
- Able to build and maintain good working relationships with internal Customers and Suppliers
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team but also confident enough to work individually
- A flexible and adaptable approach with an ability to work under pressure to specified time lines
If this role sounds like it is right for, then please apply in writing with a current CV and salary expectations.