Are you looking for the next challenge? Do you enjoy being busy, are organised and have a real attention to detail? Do you want to work somewhere where you can make a difference? Then maybe a role at Barron McCann is right for you.
Barron McCann Ltd is an independent IT Service Provider offering a range of IT support services from help desk through to rapid response on-site repair and maintenance; our customers are some of the most prestigious names on the high street in the UK and Europe. Our planned expansion means we are creating new positions to complement our existing team within our Derby Head Office.
We are looking for someone who will be responsible for providing forecast and demand planning support to the Supply Chain function within Barron McCann. Identifying and delivering an optimised portfolio of stock across our UK and European warehouses, whilst supporting the implementation and management of stock forecasting tools which predict purchasing needs.
Your working week will change depending on the needs of the business; therefore, a flexible and positive approach is crucial to your success. Typical tasks will include:
- To be responsible for the forecasting, ordering and transportation of a defined stock portfolio
- To support proactive forecasting and demand planning processes through the analysis of stock movement and volume usage data by customer and geographical location
- Maintain and improve the availability of parts across our multiple locations in UK & Europe
- Continually review and challenge stock volume by location to ensure that optimal service levels can be delivered to the customer
- Input into bid and transition teams to determine stock requirements based on comprehensive data sets, reporting and specific algorithms
- Support the business through recommendations and activities to drive an improved portfolio of stock
- In areas of excess or shortage, investigate orders, demand and usage to identify and action the necessary corrective and preventative tasks
- Identify and co-ordinate the priority sequence of part repairs within the Workshop to respond to warehouse and customer demand
- Work with the Procurement Team and Suppliers to identify and implement opportunities to drive down cost through improved methods of stock ordering, efficiencies and cost avoidance
- Support the delivery of transition plans required to enable our customers to implement their change programmes (e.g. new locations, new stores, equipment refresh, stock redeployment)
- Work closely with the Warehouse Team to ensure swift resolution of stock issues including damages, repairs, returns and stock checks
- Support any transitional requirements of Brexit to minimise disruption to Barron McCann service levels.
Required Skill Sets
- Very good IT skills with high competency and confidence in working with Excel
- High competency and confidence of working within Warehouse Management Systems
- Highly analytical with the ability to process complex information with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with strong organisational skills
- Able to build and maintain good working relationships with internal Customers and Suppliers
- A flexible and adaptable approach with the ability to work under pressure to specified timelines
If this role sounds like it is right for, and you are a great team player and hardworking, then please apply in writing with a current CV and salary expectations.