Barron McCann Ltd is an independent IT Service provider offering a range of award-winning EPoS & IT support services from help desk through to rapid response on-site repair and maintenance; our customers are some of the most prestigious names within Retail, Hospitality and Banking. We have an excellent reputation for great service and are now expanding our operations and are seeking an enthusiastic technically minded individual to join us as an Infrastructure Services Manager.
We now have an opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join us as a Infrastructure Services Manager.
The Infrastructure Services Manager will support the training, development and quality assessment of the PIDS infrastructure engineers to ensure we continue to provide a consistently high level of service to our customers throughout the UK and Europe. This current customer base is predominantly made up of high street retailers but exposure to other markets will form part of this role.
The role will involve extensive time in the field travel to conduct direct customer contact, training of engineers and engineer visits/audits. The Infrastructure Services Manager will be nurtured and mentored by the PIDS Programme Manager with a view to developing their management skills for future roles and responsibilities.
The Infrastructure Services Manager should have a ready and willing attitude to take everything in their stride, be customer focused and ensure the general development and morale of the workforce is kept in line with the service requirements.
- Deliver against a set of key performance indicators across all business streams
- Develop engineering and operational skill sets to match the business requirements, now and in the future, through constant training and robust development plans
- Build, develop and manage a team of technical resource capable of supporting all technical engineering functions across the business
- Coach/Mentor team member to demonstrably deliver excellence
- Design the processes to ensure success and demonstrate improvements in quality, productivity, efficiencies, and utilisation
- Design, plan, implement and manage cost reduction, service improvement and quality plans with engineering and technical teams
- Ensure robust stock management and controls are maintained including the accurate forecasting of cable usage as well as accurate reporting on wastage.
- Collaborate with other relevant teams in the wider business as appropriate
- Build robust and positive relationships with the Accreditation Partners
- Be prepared and available to undertake any relevant training as required
- Strong Technical understanding across all relevant technologies and manufactures. Including but not limited to Copper, Fiber and Wireless installations
- Effective manager with proven experience of managing, results driven technical teams
- A ‘right first time’ ethos and the skills to deliver against this approach
- Focused on quality and high levels of productivity
- An analytical, data driven and progressive approach to problem solving
- Commercially astute and strong cost manager
- Robust health, safety and environmental knowledge, with experience in CDM environments
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate (influence, motivate, support) at all levels of the company both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a highly pressurized service delivery environment
- A solid understanding/knowledge of new and emerging IT/Infrastructure Technologies
You should have a proven track record in managing a team of Infrastructure/Wireless Engineers and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint.
A full UK driving licence is essential.
If you are interested, please apply in writing with your current CV and covering letter including your salary expectations to: