Barron McCann Ltd is an independent IT Service Provider offering a range of IT support services from help desk through to rapid response on-site repair and maintenance; our customers are some of the most prestigious names on the high street.
We now have an opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join us as an Installation Engineer.
The role is field based involving direct customer contact for the installation and refit of EPoS equipment, PC hardware, software and peripherals.
The engineer should have a ready and willing attitude to take everything in their stride and be customer focused together with:
- Complete flexibility, enthusiasm and positive commitment in your approach to work
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal at all levels
- Basic hardware / configuration skills
- A full UK Driving License with no more than 6 points
- Good geographical knowledge
- Willingness to travel and if necessary, stay away from home for extended periods
- A willingness to take on any other duties as the company sees fit
Engineers are expected to work any 5 in 7 days which could include Saturday and / or Sundays. For example, the working week could be Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or any other combination of days, or hours within these days. You will be required to work a minimum of 45 hours per week (this includes travel time) and such additional hours as necessary for the proper performance of your duties, or as deemed necessary by the Company.
Installation Engineers will also be expected to assume the following responsibilities:
- Perform various project, installation and/or deployment related tasks
- Attend various training sessions either internally or externally to gain new skills
- Able to cover Lead Engineer responsibilities when required
- Proven technical competence with a clear understanding of practical diagnosis techniques
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft products
- Highly motivated and customer focused
- Must be able to embrace new technologies and attend courses as required
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in written form
- Be able to adhere to Company processes and provide regular submissions of paperwork
- Capable of controlling project stock and keeping Company vehicle in a tidy and serviced condition
- Be available for overnight installation or shifts and work in other areas if required to do so
- Be competent to drive a company vehicle and possess a valid UK Licence
- Must hold a current CSCS qualification
If you are interested, please apply in writing with a current CV and covering letter including your salary expectations.