Barron McCann Ltd is an independent IT Service Provider offering a range of IT support services from help desk through to rapid response on-site repair and maintenance; our customers are some of the most prestigious names on the high street.
This is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated person to join the Procurement team at BMc Derby. The role is for someone who can research new markets, negotiate with suppliers and set effective SLA’s to secure products and services at the best price
- Purchasing goods, materials, components or services in-line with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets.
- This position also plans and incorporates strategic purchasing plans company wide.
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate and supply issues, which may pose a risk or impact on business delivery targets or customer expectations.
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible.
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Access and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities.
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures.
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials.
- Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and in line with organisational targets and requirements.
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Robust personality
- High level of computer literacy to include MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- A positive, self-driven, hardworking and inquisitive mind-set
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team but also confident enough to work individually
- A flexible and adaptable approach with an ability to work under pressure to specified timelines
Please apply with your current CV and a covering letter, including your salary expectations.