Are you looking for the next challenge? Do you enjoy being busy, are organised and have a real attention to detail? Do you want to work somewhere where you can make a difference? Then maybe a role at Barron McCann is right for you.
Barron McCann Ltd is an independent IT Service Provider offering a range of IT support services from help desk through to rapid response on-site repair and maintenance; our customers are some of the most prestigious names on the high street in the UK and Europe. Our planned expansion means we are creating new positions to complement our existing team within our Derby Head Office.
We are looking for someone who will be responsible for the forecast and demand planning team within Barron McCann. Identifying and delivering an optimised portfolio of stock across our UK and European warehouses, whilst supporting the implementation and management of stock forecasting tools which predict purchasing needs.
Your working week will change depending on the needs of the business; therefore, a flexible and positive approach is crucial to your success. Typical tasks will include:
- Manage, develop and drive the Forecast & Demand Planning Team to deliver exceptional and market leading service for our customers across the UK and Europe
- To deliver proactive planning and forecasting processes through the analysis of stock movement and volume usage data by customer and geographical location
- Maintain and improve the availability of parts across our multiple locations
- Continually review and challenge stock volume by location to ensure that optimal service levels can be delivered to the customer
- Input into bid and transition teams to determine stock requirements based on comprehensive data sets, reporting and specific algorithms
- Own the above output, building the transition plans required to enable our customers to implement their change programmes (e.g., new locations, new stores, equipment refresh, stock redeployment)
- Create and implement recommendations and activities to drive an improved portfolio of stock through a mindset of continuous improvement
- In areas of excess or shortage, own the investigative process through the principles of CAPA
- Build forecasting tools to manage the priority of part provision to the Workshop to enable repairs in response to warehouse and customer demand
- Identify and drive initiatives with the Procurement Team and Suppliers to drive down cost through improved methods of stock ordering, transportation and efficiencies
- Work closely with the Warehouse Management Team to ensure swift resolution of stock issues including damages, repairs, returns and stock checks
- Modify approach to address demands of non-UK mainland and European Entities
- Identify transitional requirements of Brexit to minimise disruption and risk to our service levels.
Experience & Knowledge
- Proven experience in managing a demand planning or supply chain function
- Working knowledge of systems, reporting and toolsets designed to deliver effective forecasting and demand planning
- Experience of defining and delivering change within a supply chain function
- Good people manager with experience of taking their team through change
- Experience of managing cost reduction programmes and activities
- Proven experience of working across Europe would be an advantage
- European language skills would be an advantage
Required Skill Sets
- Very good IT skills with high competency and confidence in working with Excel
- High competency and confidence of working within Warehouse Management Systems
- Highly analytical with the ability to process complex information with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with strong organisational skills
- Able to build and maintain good working relationships with internal Customers and Suppliers
- A flexible and adaptable approach with the ability to work under pressure to specified timelines
If this role sounds like it is right for, and you are a great team player and hardworking, then please apply in writing with a current CV and salary expectations to:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.