Website Barron McCann
Barron McCann Ltd is an independent IT Service Provider offering a range of award-winning IT support services from help desk through to rapid response on-site repair and maintenance; our customers are some of the most prestigious names on the high street. As a rapidly growing company, we are investing heavily in people and systems to help us manage this growth and deliver business more efficiently and effectively.
We now have an opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join us as a Senior Project Manager.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more business units. Manage resources, schedules, and financials through the project life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks, and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
The Senior Project Manager has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis. Verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case or scope of works
• Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
• Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
• Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
• Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
• Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
• Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
• Prepare estimates and detailed project plans for all phases of the project
• Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes
• Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project management team meetings
• Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership
• Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices
• Manage project scope and changes
• Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders
• Act as an internal quality control check for the project
• Manage ongoing quality control and participate in quality issue resolution
• Support formal/informal schedules to manage the engagement contract
• Define the Statement of Work and Specifications for the requested goods and services
• Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks, and issues
• Set and continually manage project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverables with team members and stakeholders
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
• Monitor, track, and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies, and critical path deliverables
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, and key stakeholders
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project and program team, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas
• Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project and program life cycle
• Identify and develop trusted adviser relationships with project and program stakeholders, sponsors, and university stakeholders
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team
• Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication
• Ensure that projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards
• Manage project and program issues and risks to mitigate impact to baseline
• Continue professional development to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practices
• Extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods, and techniques
• Other duties as assigned
• Proven success in providing on-site leadership for the project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
• Performance reviews and staff development
• Monitor the performance of staff
• Establish practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
• Planning and organising.
• Managing operational efficiency.
• Team working and supporting others.
• Drive for achievement.
• Problem solving and decision making.
• Managing priorities and time.
• Financial awareness/management.
• Risk management.
• Quality management.
• Critical thinking.
If you wish to apply for this role, please send your current CV, with a covering letter and salary expectations to: