Barron McCann Ltd is an independent IT Service Provider offering a range of IT support services from help desk through to rapid response on-site repair and maintenance; our customers are some of the most prestigious names on the high street.
We now have an opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join us as a Workshop Stock Co-Ordinator, based at our Derby site.
Perform and undertake a wide range of administrative functions in support of Workshop operations and processes.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assertive, capable and posses the ability to action the administration activities of the workshop, engaging and building relationships to understand the needs of the team. Ensuring correct procedures are followed and implemented
- Perform system and physical movements of both parts and Items for repair, ensuring items are located correctly.
- Resolve administrative problems and enquiries offering assistance to ensure delays in repairs and technical boundaries are minimised.
- To ensure their work areas are kept clean, organizing through daily and weekly clean-ups. Embracing 5S methodology.
- Report immediately any issues that may hinder progress or cause safety issues with the workshop and distribution center
- Support the purchasing and processing of workshop consumables, ensuring that the most cost-effective options are delivered to support the operation.
- Work to resolve procurement/parts issues that may inhibit the effectiveness of the workshop, achieving this through robust communication with the procurement department.
- Perform area stock take activities in line with company requirements.
- To ensure all priority and non-priority jobs are allocated and being driven to completion, engaging with the respective bay leader and engineers.
- Offer assistance to engineers requiring help in specialised task i.e. system interactions and correct processing.
- Support the active tracking and processing of 4th party repairs to ensure effective control of agreed SLA’s of each service partner, escalating discrepancies and issues promptly.
Education and Experience
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software (Microsoft office, Nav (beneficial))
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
- Communication skills – written and verbal
- Planning and organising with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Prioritising, Problem assessment and problem solving
- Information gathering and information monitoring
- Teamwork, flexibility
- Customer service orientation
If you are interested, please apply in writing with a current CV and salary expectations