2nd Line Technical Support Engineer
Competitive Salary, Company Card, Fuel Card, Shift Allowance for On-Call & Overtime
Barron McCann is a leading provider of IT support services. We resolve, repair, and maintain IT equipment for some of the biggest retail brands on the high street and pride ourselves on our technical expertise and quality service delivery.
We are currently seeking a talented, energetic and collaborative individual to join our growing technical team as a Technical Support Engineer. You will support and drive service improvement both within our customers stores and restaurants and internally whilst providing great service as an ambassador for our company.
You will achieve this by developing your knowledge of break/fix processes and procedures. Delivering process reviews, updates, and new product release documentation to ensure that the Field Service Engineers have access to the correct information and training at the right time. Your ability to resolve technical issues calmly and effectively will be one of your major strengths.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- Provide high level technical support over the phone and face to face with engineers.
- Provide system-based call vetting, with a focus on first time fix in the most efficient manner both with and without parts.
- Take an active part in providing initial classroom-based training for new engineers once familiar with equipment and processes.
- Evaluate, create, and update Field Service guides to improve first time fix rates and engineer awareness, maintaining effective communication with the field and workshop teams
- Attend high profile calls to aid in resolution ensuring knowledge transfer is completed following incidents providing coaching and mentoring as required
- Provide exemplary levels of customer service
- Identify improvements and help drive solutions to process and or people within the technical area of operation, engaging with Field support specialists and area field managers to facilitate the necessary changes.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a field-based customer facing engineering role, ideally in the Retail, Hospitality or Leisure industry with experience and knowledge of maintaining and installing EPoS equipment
- The ability to have technical conversations and effectively challenge and question discussions to ensure the right outcome is achieved
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software with the aptitude to pick up new software packages quickly
- The ability to work on your own initiative, managing your own workload
Due to the nature of this role it is essential that applicants have a clean full UK driver’s license.
Applications should be made in writing, including your current CV and salary expectations, to: firstname.lastname@example.org