Barron McCann Ltd is an independent IT Service provider offering a range of IT support services from help desk through to rapid response on-site repair and maintenance; our customers are some of the most prestigious names on the high street.
A vacancy has arisen within the Distribution Centre for a Warehouse Operative reporting to the Warehouse manager. The key requirement for this role is to perform varying warehouse duties accurately and efficiently to ensure a quality supply chain service to our varied customer base.
- Ensuring compliance with company and Health & Safety policies.
- Accurate and efficient order picking, packing and dispatch.
- Accurate and efficient inbound receiving and stock put away.
- Perpetual inventory counting
- Updating warehouse management system, excel spreadsheets and managing daily emails.
- Efficient in prioritising workload and liaising with team members to recognise potential busy periods throughout the day.
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping.
- To be adaptable and a completely flexible approach to daily demands.
- Loading/unloading delivery vehicles.
Education and Experience
- Experience in a warehouse / distribution centre environment.
- Educated to GCSE Level in Mathematics and English or equivalent.
- Familiar with the operation of standard Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience using warehouse management systems.
- Counterbalance & reach truck certification desirable.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- An interactive and team driven approach.
- A progressive approach to problem solving.
- Commercially astute and cost aware.
The job is physically demanding with regular repetitive lifting .
If you are interested, please apply in writing with a current CV and salary expectations
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.