P2PE Compliance improves customer security
- Point-to-Point-Encryption (P2PE) chip and pin devices installed into branches, nationwide
- PCI DSS compliant to ensure the safety of cardholder data
- In partnership with Ingenico
- Secure audit and tracking logs
- Maintained and supported by Barron McCann
“One of the real challenges was finding the right partners to help us deliver this successfully and I think we have done just that… Barron McCann was very keen to support us and we wanted to get it right, so the project and delivery teams worked very closely together to develop the right processes throughout the whole deployment of the new Chip and PINs. We started what appears to be a long and good relationship with great teams working well together on both sides”.
Strategic Buyer, Leading Building Society
This leading Building Society consulted a QSA assessor to examine their card environment and identified an ideal opportunity to upgrade their Chip and Pin provisions across their branch network, as these provisions were reaching end of life. Failure to comply with existing PCI DSS regulations can lead to significant charges. Having made the decision to enhance their customer experience and security by rolling out PCI DSS compliant Chip and PIN entry devices (PEDs) across their branches, they went in search of a suitable and experienced supplier to manage the roll out process. Barron McCann’s services were recommended by The Logic Group and Ingenico, following successful work together on previous projects. Ingenico, at the time, was the only company producing PCI compliant P2PE PEDs.
To overhaul the existing Chip and Pin provisions to help achieve compliance with PCI DSS regulations, to enhance customer experience, and to improve security.
Barron McCann worked alongside this Customer to design a solution suited to their needs, the secure installation of PCi dSS 3.1 compliant P2Pe Chip and Pin entry devices across branch locations. This solution was subsequently agreed with the Society’s QSA. After the completion of a successful pilot, Barron McCann delivered a fully managed roll out programme from the arrival of the PEDs from the manufacturer, through to the installation and ongoing maintenance support.
Barron McCann designed an appropriate solution alongside the Customer which was ultimately agreed with the Society’s QSA and rolled out across their branches. Following a successful pilot and subsequent roll-out programme, this Building Society’s security and customer experience has been enhanced, their systems are being brought into compliance with PCI regulations across their branch locations, and Barron McCann continues to provide maintenance support.
The Customer selected the Ingenico iPP350 Ped, and these devices were delivered to Barron McCann’s distribution centre where they were assigned to appropriate store locations as per the rollout schedule. Serial numbers were captured and checked against pre-supplied details, with Barron McCann taking responsibility for the devices from delivery to the distribution Centre to their final installation at the branch premises. PEDs were securely tracked and logged throughout the process, with serial numbers logged and checked carefully through every change of hands. The deactivation of replaced devices was handled similarly, with every PED removal being confirmed centrally, according to the number of each removed device. Devices installed were tested to ensure proper operation, and Barron McCann continues to provide support, ensuring the smooth running of their new, PCI DSS compliant Chip and Pin solution.
Why Barron McCann?
- Excellence in project management, execution, and reporting
- Able to provide extensive implementation and services delivery portfolio including procurement, hangaring, build/configuration and deployment, as well as on-going support (break-fix maintenance) for POS and IT equipment across the board
- Solid 35-year reputation as a leading supplier to UK and European retailers
- Highly knowledgeable, dedicated, and efficient Project & Support team
- A quality-driven, scalable delivery model
- Leveraging in house expert knowledge and dedicated resources such as project management, logistics, warehousing, and build