‘Seamless transition’ of IT POS hardware & support improves SLA by 6%
- Delivered 95% SLA against a 90% target
- The transition of existing IT hardware estate including POS systems
- 2,000 shops in 60 countries
“Our customers are typically in transit, time-constrained and have a high propensity to spend. As such we need our store systems to be highly available and operate efficiently throughout our trading hours, which are often significantly longer than those on the high street.”
Information Services Manager, Multinational Travel Retailer
This multinational travel retailer is one of the worlds leading players in airport retail, with over 2,000 shops in 60 countries. They fulfil the shopping needs of millions of passengers across the world.
Given the fast-paced nature of travel retail, it is vital that the shopping experience is a positive one, and that crucial POS systems are available to support that delivery. Operating within multiple airport locations with an exceptional focus on delivering efficient customer service, this retailer sought a higher level of service than was previously delivered by other service partners.
“Our customers are typically in transit, time-constrained and have a high propensity to spend. As such we need our store systems to be highly available and operate efficiently throughout our trading hours, which are often significantly longer than those on the high street”.
Barron McCann seamlessly transitioned the support of all store-based POS hardware from the previous incumbent. Using their extensive logistics network and field engineering capabilities they ensured rapid response SLA’s were delivered along with excellent service delivery.
“A great deal of planning work took place ahead of the service migration and to me this was the key to the transition being so seamless. The transition provided us with a significant service improvement from “day one” and the subsequent service level has been beyond our expectations. With other suppliers, we had to anticipate short-falls in the service – diverting us from other tasks at hand. With Barron McCann, we know that they will deliver the service in question – so our staff can focus on other key tasks. They have also added value by working with us to resolve long-term technical issues which will, in turn, provide direct benefits to our customers”.
Why Barron McCann?
- Excellence in project management, execution, and reporting
- Able to provide extensive implementation and services delivery portfolio including procurement, hangaring, build/configuration and deployment, as well as on-going support (break-fix maintenance) for POS and IT equipment across the board
- Solid 35-year reputation as a leading supplier to UK and European retailers
- Highly knowledgeable, dedicated, and efficient Project & Support team
- A quality-driven, scalable delivery model
- Leveraging in house expert knowledge and dedicated resources such as project management, logistics, warehousing, and build