Upgrade of 1,600 POS systems leads to increased SLA
- Support and maintenance of 1,600 POS systems
- Transitioned over a 10-week period
- 90% + SLA achieved within a four-hour window despite double the call volume. Doubled the agreed SLA.
- Improved staff experience and cost-effectiveness, compared with the former provider
- 390 restaurants across the UK and Eire
“Barron McCann eliminated the risk of change by ensuring a smooth
transition of service – the best I have experienced. The team engaged
with the restaurants and provided help and support when required. The primary concern of any IT Manager looking to change service provider is change issues, and with Barron McCann there were none!”
This leading restaurant chain operates over 1,000 outlets in over 35 countries. Their aim is to create memorable experiences for their customers, communities, and suppliers.
This customer required an IT partner who could aid them with the modernisation of their in-store Customer Experience. The challenges included the consolidation of IT services to one provider to improve efficiency; to remove the risks associated with changing services and ensure a smooth transition with minimum disruption to the business.
- Migration of all restaurant POS and IT hardware maintenance to Barron McCann for a more responsive four-hour fix maintenance service across the entire estate, with service coverage up to 11 pm, 7 days per week.
- Roll out of new P2PE Chip and Pin POS devices across the estate, to ensure PCI compliance. Loading and testing 1,250 new POS terminals in Barron McCann’s leading 750-point staging facility in Derby, which were rolled out across the entire estate.
- Upgrading of back-office printers, workstations, receipt printers, bump bar cables and kitchen printers.
Barron McCann successfully transitioned this leading restaurant chain to a comprehensive new IT support model over a 10-week period from the date of the signed contract. 90%+ SLA was achieved within the required four-hour window despite doubled call volume, with improved staff experience and cost-effectiveness, compared with former providers.
Why Barron McCann?
- Excellence in project management, execution, and reporting
- Able to provide extensive implementation and services delivery portfolio including procurement, hangaring, build/configuration and deployment, as well as on-going support (break-fix maintenance) for POS and IT equipment across the board
- Solid 35-year reputation as a leading supplier to UK and European retailers
- Highly knowledgeable, dedicated and efficient Project & Support team
- A quality-driven, scalable delivery model
- Leveraging in house expert knowledge and dedicated resources such as project management, logistics, warehousing, and build